RateMyCop.com
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Everyday we see terrible things in the news. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Everyday we see terrible things in the news.
inbetween (Visitor)
Administrator
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Everyday we see terrible things in the news. 6 Years, 4 Months ago  
What ideas does the community have to better assist the LEO community?

We would like to expand our service offerings to better equip both LEO's and citizens and want to know how we can do that!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
AntonLee (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Everyday we see terrible things in the news. 6 Years, 4 Months ago  
a running tally of money the police officer owes the state. . . after any amount the state has to pay a person because they sued the police department for police brutality.

the running tally should have a paypal link so that the cop can pay back the state for their frivolus wastes of money.

Homer900 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
AntonLee wrote:
QUOTE:
a running tally of money the police officer owes the state. . . after any amount the state has to pay a person because they sued the police department for police brutality.

the running tally should have a paypal link so that the cop can pay back the state for their frivolus wastes of money.

Anton, ever been sued? I have, six times. Each time for frivilous BS. Once when I was nice to a drunk, out of control woman whose son had just beaten his girlfriend into the gutter as my officer drove by. To make a long story short, she also went to jail. No force was used on her but she did have a bruise on her upper arm about the size of a walnut. Sued me, my PD and the Sheriff's office.

Our attorney left it to me to decide to go to court or not. 10-15,000 dollars MINIMUM to defend the case, 1200 bucks to her to go away with no admission of guilt by us. I opted to let her have the money, of which she maybe saw 400 bucks after attorney fees.

So, should I pay the city back for the 1200 bucks they paid or should I have gone to court? Far too many times it is easier AND cheaper to settle such BS claims than defend them. It does cost money and guess what? Even if you do EVERYTHING by the book, you can still be sued as a cop for doing your job. The most ridiculous case was when I was sued for 2 BILLION dollars by a nutcase of a woman, but it still had to be dealt with. That went away, but only after I did some legal legwork the city attorney should have done.

If a cop was grossly negligent or criminal in their acts, then yes, get restitution from that cop. A working cop will generate lawsuits, it goes with the territory. Something that the public nor the press ever seems to get.

In my state, there are over 190,000 lawyers and about 80,000 cops. lawyers gotta eat and pay the bills like everyone else. Far too many of them go after public entities, cities, parks, the police, in the off chance they can collect.

Tort reform is what is needed, not cops paying back a payout by their city or county for a frivilous lawsuit.

Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.
SPD (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
inbetween wrote:
QUOTE:
What ideas does the community have to better assist the LEO community?

We would like to expand our service offerings to better equip both LEO's and citizens and want to know how we can do that!

How about adding a link to the laws to each state/ City Ordinances www.municode.com is a great one for city ordinances throughout the county

3 B's of Law Enforcement
Be Respectful
Be Professional
Be Ready to Kill Anyone at Anytime
rslifE01 (Visitor)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
zZczhgML 2 Years, 9 Months ago  
The aspiring psychiatrists were attending their first class on emotional extremes. "Just wow gold to establish some parameters," said the professor to the student from rift gold Arkansas, "What is the opposite of joy?" "Sadness," said the student. runescape gold And the opposite of deprRaise the Dead to buy WoW gold rift platinum can allow you to get some Skeletons after a battle for billige wow gold WoW Gold. Skeletons however are only slightly more powerful than Peons rs gold for WoW Gold Buying. Grunts can easily kill Skeletons because of runescape money cheap WoW gold. Knowing this, mana is best spent on Death buy wow gold to buy WoW gold and Decay rather on Raising the Dead. rift plat Death and Decay for Buying WoW Gold can cause much more damage on World of Warcraft Gold than any Skeletons raised from battle for WoW Gold Buying. However when Farm space of WoW Gold is limited or the map is out of resources you can use your remaining Death Knights to create an undead army out of left over Peons with no resources but mana spent buy WoW gold.

Go to top Post Reply