RateMyCop.com
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
son hassled by cop for walking barefoot down the sidewalk (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: son hassled by cop for walking barefoot down the sidewalk
avgcitizen (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
son hassled by cop for walking barefoot down the sidewalk 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
Another shining example of law enforcement run amok. My 16 yr old son and his friend were stopped by our Local PD in Perkasie Pa because they were barefoot walking down the sidewalk. Cop rolls up.."wheres your shoes?"... "put em on now!!" followed by "whats in your backpack?"...don't know if it's even illegal to be barefoot in town.I do it and theyve never stopped me.Probably cuz I'm an adult and they'll get an earfull.But nothing more than a lame excuse to harrass the kids and find a reason to snoop in their backpacks.Considering they were walking home from school I hope the books were interesting "contraband". THIS is what we pay 59,900 a yr to start for??? to harrass kids? Freaking PATHETIC!!

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:son hassled by cop for walking barefoot down the sidewalk 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
sounds totally nuts. i'd make a complaint to the PD and call the local snooze paper for a story.

avgcitizen (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:son hassled by cop for walking barefoot down the sidewalk 3 Years, 1 Month ago  
here in my town the paper won't touch stories like that and complaining to the dept will just get me harrassed more. Last time I complained a cop filed a property maintenance complaint about my yard and code enforcement came out to take pictures of 4 beat-up garden poles I use to grow pole beans. Cop reported "dangerous metal poles sticking up in yard that need to be removed. I called the boro manager and got them to back off but thats the kinda crap ya deal with here in Pa.

lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
yeah, the news is pabulum for the masses. i contacted the local paper about several issues and they don't care.

Go to top Post Reply