RateMyCop.com
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
It could be either (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: It could be either
lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Police Try to Dissuade Elderly Woman From Defending Herself Against Home In 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
the lunatic is coming through her window and the 911 operator tells her not to shoot. http://www.infowars.com/police-try-to-dissude-elderly-woman-from-defending-herself-against-home-invasion/

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Big Red (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Police Try to Dissuade Elderly Woman From Defending Herself Against Home In 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Dammit 66 is not elderly! Barely ripened.

But story is typical. If the cops told her to shoot, would she become an agent of the police and subject to use of force guidelines?

lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Police Try to Dissuade Elderly Woman From Defending Herself Against Home In 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
it's a dicey situation for the 911 operator but clearly she was more concerned with officer safety than the woman's. personally, i'd just shoot him, bury him and not call the cops.

Burgers Allday (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
This story makes no sense. It may be true -stil makes no sense to me. it probably is -- but it

If something happens, either we can respond really fast or we could respond really slow. . . . Im the difference between you getting a two-minute response time, if you needed a little help, or a 15 minutes response time.
Burgers Allday (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Gunowner shoots hobo in her yard 2 Years, 7 Months ago  
Body was outside the house (not inside). Bullet was fired through the window. Woman saying "I hope it is nobody I know."

For me personally, the jury is still out on this one. If the investigation is over then a reinvestigation should start.

Not saying the gunowner did wrong. She is presumed innocent and we know of little evidence against her. But there is enough here that the woman's story should not be taken as true at face value.

Last Edit: 2011/12/11 04:23 By Burgers Allday.

If something happens, either we can respond really fast or we could respond really slow. . . . Im the difference between you getting a two-minute response time, if you needed a little help, or a 15 minutes response time.
lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
i agree.... but the guy could have been crawling though a partially open window and then fell back outside. the woman sounds like she's talking for 911 rather than talking to 911. also, she just bought the gun, why? was she expecting this guy? did she in fact, know him? but the thrust of this post was the 911 operator telling a homeowner NOT to defend themselves in a life/death situation.

my grandfather taught to shoot the SOB THROUGH THE DOOR before he bursts in. do that today and you'll shoot a prohibitionist, plant-thug SWAT-boy with the wrong address.

Last Edit: 2011/12/11 05:14 By lessgov.
Burgers Allday (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
lessgov wrote:
QUOTE:
i agree.... but the guy could have been crawling though a partially open window and then fell back outside. the woman sounds like she's talking for 911 rather than talking to 911. also, she just bought the gun, why? was she expecting this guy? did she in fact, know him? but the thrust of this post was the 911 operator telling a homeowner NOT to defend themselves in a life/death situation.

my grandfather taught to shoot the SOB THROUGH THE DOOR before he bursts in. do that today and you'll shoot a prohibitionist, plant-thug SWAT-boy with the wrong address.

I'll admit that the guy could have been crawling through and open window.

Then again: she hit him in the chest,

she claims that she shot two rounds as warning shots before he even approached the window and tried to get in. Did she stick the gun out the window to fire at somebody pounding on her front door? If not, where did these warning shots go? Haven't heard about the so-called home invader having any weapons. The story we are supposed to believe here is that he charged an armed person, who actively shooting at him, from her own house. I mean, maybe, but REALLY?

lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
yeah, fishy as hell but if the dead guy has a criminal record, the prosecutor isn't going to put any time into the case. maybe you should contact the prosecutor with your suspicions.

Burgers Allday (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
lessgov wrote:
QUOTE:
yeah, fishy as hell but if the dead guy has a criminal record, the prosecutor isn't going to put any time into the case. maybe you should contact the prosecutor with your suspicions.

Prosecutor knows the deal. I mean, as a matter of feelings about justice, it seems like rough justice was probably done, even if we never get the exact details.

Still, it is also good to realize that there is a good chance we are not getting the truth here and never will. Sometimes the truth doesn't seem to matter that much, to a lot of ppl anyway.

SPD (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
!st. It's kind of obvious that there is a view behind the article. I'm OK with this shooting. Whether he's in or outside the house. We ALL have to remember that different states have different laws when it comes to self defence. And yes, I don't agree with many of them. Fortunately in MI we have a "castle doctrine" type law so this shooting would be justified.

I've seen stories about people shooting people IN there house, who were trying to flee, and the home owner was charged, although I haven't seen any stories about them being convicted of any crime. I kind of wonder if this might be in 1 of those states that have pussy self self defence laws.

And we don't know where the cops are in the 911 tapes. Pretty sure any dispatcher would be telling someone not to shoot if the police have called out on scene. 1, to help protect the cops, 2. cops on scene will not know who is doing the shooting(bad guy vs good guy)

3 B's of Law Enforcement
Be Respectful
Be Professional
Be Ready to Kill Anyone at Anytime
lessgov (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
SPD: WROTE:
QUOTE:
I've seen stories about people shooting people IN there house, who were trying to flee, and the home owner was charged, although I haven't seen any stories about them being convicted of any crime. I kind of wonder if this might be in 1 of those states that have pussy self self defence laws.

i agree... also, just because someone is running away, doesn't mean that they still aren't a threat. they can stop and shoot or point the gun behind them and start blindly blasting or turn into a bedroom and pull a weapon. if they are in my house, they are a threat.

SPD (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
lessgov wrote:
QUOTE:
QUOTE:

i agree... also, just because someone is running away, doesn't mean that they still aren't a threat. they can stop and shoot or point the gun behind them and start blindly blasting or turn into a bedroom and pull a weapon. if they are in my house, they are a threat.

I agree! that's why I like the "your in my house, your dead" law. I tried to find the specific story but had no luck. But here was the jist of it. Homeowner was home when 3(I think) guys broke in. I know 2 of them were shot, and didn't die. He confronted them. They say him, turn and ran. He was shooting at them as they were heading out the front door. Prosecutor issued charges. Reason behind it was that they didn't pose a direct threat. Obviously this is in one of the retarded states.

3 B's of Law Enforcement
Be Respectful
Be Professional
Burgers Allday (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
SPD wrote:
QUOTE:
lessgov wrote:
QUOTE:
QUOTE:

I agree! that's why I like the "your in my house, your dead" law. I tried to find the specific story but had no luck. But here was the jist of it. Homeowner was home when 3(I think) guys broke in. I know 2 of them were shot, and didn't die. He confronted them. They say him, turn and ran. He was shooting at them as they were heading out the front door. Prosecutor issued charges. Reason behind it was that they didn't pose a direct threat. Obviously this is in one of the retarded states.

I don't even think that MI allowsa regcit two warning shots for banging at the front door. If so, Michigan police would knock a lot more quietly than they do now. A lot depends on whether the suspect really stuck anything inside of that window (a hand, a tool, his trunk, etc.). Lady says he did, but given that she was shooting at the guy before (in an act of insane bravery?!?!?!?!?) supposedly tried to come in the window. That is a credibility problem for her.

What are we left with?

an open question about whether the lady was good or bad. we just don't know yet.

SPD (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Police Try to Dissuade Elderly Woman From Defending Herself Against Home In 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
Atticus Finch wrote:
QUOTE:
I don't even think that MI allowsa regcit two warning shots for banging at the front door. If so, Michigan police would knock a lot more quietly than they do now. A lot depends on whether the suspect really stuck anything inside of that window (a hand, a tool, his trunk, etc.). Lady says he did, but given that she was shooting at the guy before (in an act of insane bravery?!?!?!?!?) supposedly tried to come in the window. That is a credibility problem for her.

What are we left with?

an open question about whether the lady was good or bad. we just don't know yet.

The fact that he continues to try and enter the house after being shot at or shot, is enough to convince me that he was up to no good. An attempt is just as good as the actual crime.

3 B's of Law Enforcement
Be Respectful
Be Professional
Burgers Allday (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
It could be either 2 Years, 6 Months ago  
The point is that we don't know whether the man ever tried to enter the house. that is what needs to be thoroughly investigated here. there are two major possibilities, each of which might be true:

1. The criminal was trying to enter the house despite te fact that the woman was shooting at him.

OR

2. the woman shot the annoying man because he was trying to flee after knocking hard on her door, and then te woman lied about the suspect's movements to avoid a murder charge.

To assume that #1 or #2 is true would be bad investigation technique. It could be either #1 or #2 at this point. the fact that the guy has a burglary record supports #1. The fact that the woman claims that an unarmed man kept approaching, as she was firing a gun, suports #2. Of course the woman is alive to tell her side of the story, so her answers better be good (better than Joe Horn's wre when he shot the fleeing columbians in Pasadena, TX).

Last Edit: 2011/12/14 09:13 By Burgers Allday.

Go to top Post Reply