RateMyCop.com
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:The police agenda (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:The police agenda
food (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The police agenda 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
Am I the only one here who would like to hear something from the police other than how wonderful they are? Weren't we all taught as children not to toot our own horns? We ask a civil, valid question about police accountability and we get a waterfall of tears about how their lives are on the line and how many babies they've carried out of burning buildings. I'd actually like to see a graph of the ratio of burning buildings, to cops to babies saved... They all seem to have a baby/burning building story. Like nobody but a cop has ever helped someone in need. The difference is cops get paid for it and they went to court to prove that they don't have to if they don't want to anyway. Has anyone here ever heard of another group that spent a million plus on lawyers to get a finding that they're not their brothers keeper?

What many here would like to know is why cops love to play fast and loose with the law. Everything from selective enforcement (" Well I gave him a warning because he had a good "attitude"". False reports, planted weapons and drugs. It seems that the police could be kept very busy catching crooks in their own departments and then they wouldn't have to worry so much about our "attitudes". What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the law anyway? Oh yeah....contempt of cop... One of the perks of being a cop is to force people who have no respect for them at all to pretend that they do. If you don't, the cop will find SOMETHING. They don't care what it is, but they'll manage to find something. Good cop or bad cop? Where is the line? Should cops spend more time in ethics class than on the range? It couldn't hurt, it's not like they can shoot anyway. They're best at spraying rounds all over the neighborhood while they shoot at the "center of mass" of an unarmed citizen.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Homer900 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The police agenda 6 Years, 7 Months ago  
food wrote:
QUOTE:
Am I the only one here who would like to hear something from the police other than how wonderful they are? Weren't we all taught as children not to toot our own horns? We ask a civil, valid question about police accountability and we get a waterfall of tears about how their lives are on the line and how many babies they've carried out of burning buildings. I'd actually like to see a graph of the ratio of burning buildings, to cops to babies saved... They all seem to have a baby/burning building story. Like nobody but a cop has ever helped someone in need. The difference is cops get paid for it and they went to court to prove that they don't have to if they don't want to anyway. Has anyone here ever heard of another group that spent a million plus on lawyers to get a finding that they're not their brothers keeper?

What many here would like to know is why cops love to play fast and loose with the law. Everything from selective enforcement (" Well I gave him a warning because he had a good "attitude""). False reports, planted weapons and drugs. It seems that the police could be kept very busy catching crooks in their own departments and then they wouldn't have to worry so much about our "attitudes". What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the law anyway? Oh yeah....contempt of cop... One of the perks of being a cop is to force people who have no respect for them at all to pretend that they do. If you don't, the cop will find SOMETHING. They don't care what it is, but they'll manage to find something. Good cop or bad cop? Where is the line? Should cops spend more time in ethics class than on the range? It couldn't hurt, it's not like they can shoot anyway. They're best at spraying rounds all over the neighborhood while they shoot at the "center of mass" of an unarmed citizen.

Well Food, if you ever asked a specific question and didn't so broadly generalize, I might take you seriously. But if you ask, you may get a bunch of different answers from different cops. Each has unique experiences and while, generally, the responses to similar calls are very similar, they are dictated by their individual state laws and local policies. So what happens in California in a particular police agency may not be the same in Wisconsin and vice versa.

If you wish the police NOT to use selective enforcement, then what you are asking is the application of the law in black and white, with no one being given a break at all. 1 mile an hour over the limit warrants a ticket the same as 100 miles an hour, right?

Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.
food (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Homer900 wrote:
QUOTE:
food wrote:
QUOTE:

What many here would like to know is why cops love to play fast and loose with the law. Everything from selective enforcement (" Well I gave him a warning because he had a good "attitude""). False reports, planted weapons and drugs. It seems that the police could be kept very busy catching crooks in their own departments and then they wouldn't have to worry so much about our "attitudes". What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the law anyway? Oh yeah....contempt of cop... One of the perks of being a cop is to force people who have no respect for them at all to pretend that they do. If you don't, the cop will find SOMETHING. They don't care what it is, but they'll manage to find something. Good cop or bad cop? Where is the line? Should cops spend more time in ethics class than on the range? It couldn't hurt, it's not like they can shoot anyway. They're best at spraying rounds all over the neighborhood while they shoot at the "center of mass" of an unarmed citizen.

Well Food, if you ever asked a specific question and didn't so broadly generalize, I might take you seriously. But if you ask, you may get a bunch of different answers from different cops. Each has unique experiences and while, generally, the responses to similar calls are very similar, they are dictated by their individual state laws and local policies. So what happens in California in a particular police agency may not be the same in Wisconsin and vice versa.

If you wish the police NOT to use selective enforcement, then what you are asking is the application of the law in black and white, with no one being given a break at all. 1 mile an hour over the limit warrants a ticket the same as 100 miles an hour, right?

I knew that was the response I'd get. Parse it away. It was not a "general" question. I want to know why a cops decision would be based on a person's "attitude" and not the circumstances. I want to know why the burdon of proof is 1000 times greater to get a cop charged with wrong doing than anyone else in the country. I want to know why cops circle the wagons whenever another cop turns up bad. You know what the questions are, you're working on diversion. Why do you thing this site is here anyway? Because anyone who thinks something in the police community smells bad is a criminal? Sorry, the cel cams are out now, people are taking a look.

Homer900 (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
food wrote:
QUOTE:
Homer900 wrote:
QUOTE:
food wrote:
QUOTE:

I knew that was the response I'd get. Parse it away. It was not a "general" question. I want to know why a cops decision would be based on a person's "attitude" and not the circumstances. I want to know why the burdon of proof is 1000 times greater to get a cop charged with wrong doing than anyone else in the country. I want to know why cops circle the wagons whenever another cop turns up bad. You know what the questions are, you're working on diversion. Why do you thing this site is here anyway? Because anyone who thinks something in the police community smells bad is a criminal? Sorry, the cel cams are out now, people are taking a look.

Food, when you ask a question, it is usually wrapped in a diatribe of obfuscation and frankly, you are nothing but a provocateur. Okay, the circumstance DO dictate what happens with a traffic stop or other call. Attitude is not what I looked at, the entire picture AND the behavior of the parties involved, as that was part of the circumstance.

I probably stopped as many motorists as any other cop, and I probably only ticketed half, if that. Many times a simple warning would do. Circle the wagons? Over what? A bad cop? Didn't happen where I worked. We got rid of one who didn't commit any crimes, but was a POS as far as work ethic and attitude. Was a lousy cop all the way around and it was another cop that caught him in a lie and turned him in.

Burden of proof to get a cop charged 1000% greater? In what way? If you are talking about legal actions taken by an officer there is no crime. If you are talking about an officer who commits a crime under color of authority, we have to show that the officer wasn't supposed to act in the manner he did and that his actions went beyond the course and scope of his employment. Outright off-duty criminal activity is a completely different manner and that is treated MORE harshly than an average citizen.

Let me ask you this. Ever think of doing a ride along? Ever think of attending a citizen's academy? Ever think of approaching your chief of police and asking to talk? After all, we are public servants. If you don't avail yourself of that, then you simply want to complain and not be part of any solution in your area.

Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.
markedwardmarchiafava (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:The police agenda 6 Years, 6 Months ago  
Food,
I get the impression some of the posters here expected a good ole' boy, pat each other on the back site and are horrified to find there actually ARE people who do NOT think the LORD made a special breed of humanity just to rule over the rest of us.

Morbius (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
What many here would like to know is why cops love to play fast and loose with the law. Everything from selective enforcement
============================================
first of your asking that question, ""selective enforcement", is like asking

a eagle (seeing 20 rabbits running,what made him pick that particular rabbitt for dinner?

So 5-10 cars are all speeding,the officer knows he can't stop everyone of them, so he has to choose which one to stop.
==================================================================

What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the law anyway?

What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the type of service received at a restrurant?

or recieveing any other service or in a place of business

Officer,Stay SAFE,
Go home,SAFER
uskevnav (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Face it, the question won't be answered. Just smoke & mirrors

food (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Morbius wrote:
QUOTE:
What many here would like to know is why cops love to play fast and loose with the law. Everything from selective enforcement
============================================
first of your asking that question, ""selective enforcement", is like asking

a eagle (seeing 20 rabbits running,what made him pick that particular rabbitt for dinner?

So 5-10 cars are all speeding,the officer knows he can't stop everyone of them, so he has to choose which one to stop.
==================================================================

What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the law anyway?

What does someone's "attitude" have to do with the type of service received at a restrurant?

or recieveing any other service or in a place of business

Well, there's my point. We're not here to serve you. It's the other way around. You just nailed the problem with police/community relations. We don't owe you a thing, you get paid right on time. YOU are the one who has to keep it together, we pay you for that. I on the otherhand can take any attitude I want as long as I'm not breaking any laws. My attitude is none of your business. Cop imagery is interesting though "An eagle looking at 20 rabbits" or your position as God taking in all factors including someomes "attitude" you people are really something. You tell us to take it to court but you see yourselves as judge, jury and executioner, as seen in the cel cams.

As for what you see in your departments; it's like Germany after the war, none of them ever saw a Nazi. Well, as I said, the cell cams are out and even though cops say only a cop can understand the violence shown in the videos, the public understands very well.

Criminal cops get MORE punishment? A local story. A cop in a medium city near here was selling confiscated guns on the street. He got 6 momths in jail. The judge said losing his cop job was punishment ehough. I think crimes under color of law should have the harshest penalties. The don't. It's a matter of record.

food (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Homer900 wrote:
QUOTE:
food wrote:
QUOTE:
Homer900 wrote:
QUOTE:
food wrote:
QUOTE:

Food, when you ask a question, it is usually wrapped in a diatribe of obfuscation and frankly, you are nothing but a provocateur. Okay, the circumstance DO dictate what happens with a traffic stop or other call. Attitude is not what I looked at, the entire picture AND the behavior of the parties involved, as that was part of the circumstance.

I probably stopped as many motorists as any other cop, and I probably only ticketed half, if that. Many times a simple warning would do. Circle the wagons? Over what? A bad cop? Didn't happen where I worked. We got rid of one who didn't commit any crimes, but was a POS as far as work ethic and attitude. Was a lousy cop all the way around and it was another cop that caught him in a lie and turned him in.

Burden of proof to get a cop charged 1000% greater? In what way? If you are talking about legal actions taken by an officer there is no crime. If you are talking about an officer who commits a crime under color of authority, we have to show that the officer wasn't supposed to act in the manner he did and that his actions went beyond the course and scope of his employment. Outright off-duty criminal activity is a completely different manner and that is treated MORE harshly than an average citizen.

Let me ask you this. Ever think of doing a ride along? Ever think of attending a citizen's academy? Ever think of approaching your chief of police and asking to talk? After all, we are public servants. If you don't avail yourself of that, then you simply want to complain and not be part of any solution in your area.

You've got to be kidding. Why would I want to associate with what I consider a criminal organization? The data exists. American police organizations violate the U.S. and most state constitutions with their published policies. Why would dirty myself with such an organization?

Oh, by the way, 1 mile over the limit would have a different concequence that 100 MPH, and that was another parse. Why can't you folks ever play one straight? it's the disingenuousness that bugs me. You know very well that the question was, why the warning for someone who kisses your backside and a ticket for someone who obviously thinks you have a bad spell? It's because a little personal pique gets mixed in. The illegal concept and illegal enforcement against a cop invention known as contempt of cop. A local judge I was talking to at a library literacy fundraser they have every year told me as much. I asked him the same question and he said it's human nature for a cop to give a break to someom=ne who "kisses up" (his words, not mine. My point is this is just a small example of the general corruption cops indulge in with impunity. It wouldn't be so bad, but it translates into tasings, beatings and bad shootings. This Eagle looking at the rabbits mentality.

SPD (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Food, why don;t you post a link to "your data." or at least put some of it up here for us to see. Let us look at the 'data" rather than take you interprentation of this "data"

3 B's of Law Enforcement
Be Respectful
Be Professional
Be Ready to Kill Anyone at Anytime
Go to top Post Reply